Tuesday, May 3, 2011

so frustrating

All right. so I stayed up until 2am writing this pivotal scene, only to realize about half way through that my characters would so not act this way. I had this sweet romantic scene in my head but it didn't fit. I guess I just needed to get it out of my system and on the computer screen.

Now, tonight I'll write the scene the way it would happen if my characters were real. I had it way too mushy  and they aren't mushy people. I am, but they're not. I'm a little disappointed, but I know the end result will be much better for the story. More consistent.

Hopefully my two protagonists will be satisfied with how I write the scene tonight. There's nothing more annoying than the hero stopping in the middle of a sentence to look at me and say, "I totally would never say that."

No comments:

Post a Comment