Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Are Vampires Dead?

And I don't mean no longer living, but no longer the big thing? I hope not. I have a few vampires swooping their way into my urban fantasy series for YA. But I've been told that some agents won't even look at a manuscript about vampires.

Has our fascination about these creatures waned? Are zombies the new thing now? How tragic that would be. I still love vampires because of their dark, taboo appeal. We all love a bad boy. You know you shouldn't want them because to them, you're lunch. But we do anyway.

I just read a great book with an extremely hot vampire, Lucas, that makes me think vampires will be in the forefront for a very long time. The book - Love is Darkness by Caroline Hanson.

Of course, Stefanie Meyers Twilight series is still going strong. I also enjoyed the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. Her world had two different types of vampires; Moroi - living vamps and Strigoi - evil dead vamps.

About the only thing each different type of vampire has in common is the requirement to drink blood. But we all know we'd give up a few pints for just the right vampire. Eric Northman can bite me anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment