Monday, March 7, 2011

So the journey begins

My daughter got me hooked on all the vampire books out on the market. You know, Twilight, Vampire Academy, House of Night, etc. My favorite part of all the books is the love story. The vampires or werewolves or whatever just made it more interesting. My daughter and I always wait on the edge of our seats for the next book in the series to come out. Waiting is not my favorite thing.

That's when I found fanfiction. I loved it. A way to read about all my favorite characters and fantasy world without having to wait for the next book. There are so many talented writers out there and reading their stories is free. Even better. You do have to weed through the juvenile posts to find the more meaty stories, but the effort is well worth it. Another aspect is that the stories are posted a chapter at a time, so if you don't want to wait for the author to complete the story, only look at completed fics. Sometimes if you find a story where the author updates the story on a regular basis, it's fun waiting for the next chapter.

After reading some great stories, I decided to try to write a story of my own using Richelle Meads Vampire Academy world. I had so much fun writing and received many wonderful comments that I wrote a total of three stories. You can find them at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2171095/ruthless527.

Now, I'm beginning my own original story about a teenage girl and what happens to her when she awakens Sleeping Beauty, Prince Sebastian. If all goes well, it will be full of action, humor, suspense and love.

As I've learned more about this business of writing, I've noticed how much more than actually writing there is to it. So if you are trying to write a story and get it published, follow my journey as I plow through the jungle to the other side to emerge a published author. It's the journey more than the destination that's important, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hey RA cool intro. Can't wait to see where your writing takes you. I am definitely a fan and can't wait to read whatever you write next - whether it be ff or book one of you new trilogy series. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete